I am in process. Organization is needed. I got as far as getting my clear stamps, dies and stencils in very nice order thanks to Jennifer McGuire. I have a long ways to go. I share my craft space with my husband who I have given a very small work area to. He is a tax preparer so doesn’t need much. I have organized and reorganized so many times. The hardest part is keeping it looking neat like the ones I see pictures of. Mine is always a mess. I’m working on it. I was going to wait to get mine neat also but needed to take a picture for a prize in Live, Love, Cards so this is it.
Today I saw a tutorial on Lawn Fawn’s Blog by Lizzy C. It was the stenciled background on Kraft cardstock that interested me, so I tried it and then was able to use my Impression Obsession Three Deer die cut. I love the way it turned out and it reminds me of my family in Lake City, Colorado. The deer often look in their window in the morning as if to say hello.
Inspired by Debby on Simon Says Wednesday Challenge “Stencil It. ” I love the colors she used and the overall design of her card. I used Stampin Up Crisp Cantelope and Hero Arts Butter Ball Inks on the stencil background. and the flowers. I realized when I was done that Debby had run her stencil through the big shot first so the design was raised and I forgot to do that. I think it adds something so will try that next time.
I have had this House Mouse Stamp called “Grape Dreams” for a long time. Always trying to figure out how to use it. Saw the Summer Fun Challenge (HMFMC 194) and decide to just try a plain little card featuring it. Used distress pens to watercolor it. Mounted it on cork. (reminds me of wine) It turned out cute and simple.
Today, before posting anymore projects or challenges, I am going to The Blog Starter to find out what I am really doing. I thought the best way to get a blog going was to just dive in. Not sure that was the best way to go. There are so many things to learn.
Played around with some techniques today. Watercolor background with flowers embossed in white. Distress inks. Made a Thank You card. Tried some shrink plastic flowers to embellish. Got one good one but need to work on it. See card #44.
Also made a couple of Mother’s day cards using some doily dies. Gluing these little things are still a pain. I need to work on it. It looks so easy.
Would love to start doing some challenges but have to get this blog organized first so I can learn to upload pictures etc.